Creamy garlic shrimp pasta. This might become your favorite weeknight pasta. Easy to make but decadent enough for a date night. It’s ready in about 20 minutes, simple, indulging and comforting. Serve with a side salad and enjoy.
How to make delicious and easy creamy shrimp pasta
Elevating the classic shrimp pasta to new heights, this dish is a perfect marriage of rich, creamy sauce, succulent shrimp and perfectly cooked pasta. The addition of Parmesan, Cheddar, and cracked black pepper adds layers of complexity to the sauce, creating a dish that will leave you craving for more.
At the heart of this recipe lies the luscious creamy sauce that coats each strand of pasta with velvety goodness. The combination of the two cheeses not only adds a rich undertone but also brings a delightful sharpness to the sauce. The cracked black pepper introduces a subtle heat that perfectly balances the creaminess, creating a sauce that is both comforting and exciting. Fresh parsley plays a crucial role in brightening up the dish, infusing it with a burst of freshness and herbaceous notes.
While I love to serve the creamy garlic shrimp atop al dente fettuccine, this dish is incredibly versatile. For those looking for a low-carb alternative, consider swapping out traditional pasta for zucchini noodles. The zucchini noodles not only provide a lighter option but also absorb the creamy sauce beautifully, creating a guilt-free and equally satisfying alternative.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- Complement with a Fresh Side Salad: Elevate your creamy garlic shrimp pasta by serving it alongside a simple side salad. Drizzle crisp, mixed greens with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a refreshing contrast that perfectly balances the indulgent flavors of the main dish.
- Personalize with Your Preferred Pasta: Make this recipe uniquely yours by using your favorite pasta variety. Whether it’s the classic fettuccine or a specialty option like penne or rigatoni, the versatility of this dish allows you to tailor it to your personal taste and preference.
- Add Vegetables: Take your creamy shrimp pasta to the next level by incorporating additional vegetables into the sauce. Experiment with broccoli or mushrooms. These additions not only contribute to the dish’s nutritional value but also introduce delightful textures.
- Refrigerate Leftovers: If you find yourself with leftovers, store them in airtight containers and refrigerate to maintain their freshness.
- Up to 3 Days of Freshness: Your creamy garlic shrimp pasta will remain at its best when stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More pasta, please!
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce
- Brown Butter Orecchiette with Walnuts and Sage
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 7 ounces fettuccine
- 14 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1.4 ounces grated Parmesan
- 1.4 ounces grated Cheddar or mozzarella
- 1 tsp mild mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- chili flakes for serving
- salt to taste
- black pepper to tate
- grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling generously salted water. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Combine the shrimp with the spices. Toss and set aside while you mince the garlic and chop the parsley.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and the butter in a large skillet. Place the shrimp in a single layer, sear for 1 minute. Flip and sear the other side, 1 minute. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes over low heat, until soft and fragrant. Pour in milk, bring to a simmer. Stir in mustard, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Add pasta, and toss to coat the noodles. Turn off the heat. Stir in the cheese, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir until combined. Add extra pasta water, stir until creamy (add more pasta water if needed). Return shrimp back to the skillet, toss until combined. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide pasta among bowls, top with chili flakes and serve right away. Enjoy!