Roasted zucchini and avocado salad with poppy seed dressing. A delicious, savory summer salad paired with a lemony dressing. Perfect on its own or served as a side dish on your next grill party. You’ll want to make a double batch of the dressing, it’s slightly sweet and creamy with a tangy brightness. It’ll elevate any salad to the next level.
This recipe is so simple that it could become a regular addition to your summer dinner rotation. It requires just a few ingredients, yet it tastes so delicious and complex. You can have this delicious salad on the table in 20 minutes, or you can roast the zucchini ahead of time for a dinner that’s ready in a blitz. Great any day of the week, but special enough to wow your guests. A perfect meal to serve on a warm summer evening.
- add-ins: crumbled feta cheese, mint, yellow squash
- serve the salad as a light lunch with some crusty bread or along side with grilled chicken, steak or salmon. Or stuff it into a warm pita bread for a vegetarian lunch
- the recipe for the poppy seed dressing can easily be doubled if you’re serving a crowd
- any leftover poppy seed dressing can be used on roasted vegetables, grilled salmon or meat, as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip for crudités
- store refrigerated in a closed jar for up to 2 weeks
- if you want to avoid your oven, alternatively, cook the zucchini on your stovetop in a skillet until golden brown
- make ahead: you can roast the zucchini ahead of time for a dinner that’s ready in 10 minutes
TRY THESE NEXT
Roasted Zucchini and Avocado Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Roasted Zucchini Avocado Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini medium sized
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 Persian cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- cilantro leaves
- 4 eggs
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut zucchini into ⅕ inch/0,5 cm slices. Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle with 1 tbsp oil and half of the spices. Spread the zucchini in a single layer (you might need 2 baking sheets). Sprinkle with the remaining oil and spices. Bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively, prepare the zucchini on your stovetop. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Cook zucchini until golden, about 10–12 minutes.
- In the meantime, add eggs to a pot with boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- Chop the cucumbers and slice the avocado.
- To make the poppy seed dressing. Add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice to your own taste.
- Divide zucchini, avocado, cucumbers and eggs among bowls, overlapping slightly. Drizzle with the poppy seed dressing and top with cilantro. Serve with some crusty bread. Enjoy!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE RECIPE PDF