Creamy black pepper chicken with asparagus. It’s fast and simple, delicious and super rich in taste. It might look plain but there are sooo many good flavors hiding in this neutral colored sauce. Best part? It’s ready in 25 minutes!
I’m a huge black pepper fan. I add it generously and freshly ground to everything I eat. It’s just one reason why this super simple pasta recipe is one of my favorites. Another reason is how incredibly easy it is to make.
The chicken is cooked until golden brown together with the asparagus. Then a splash of milk and chicken broth goes in, some black peppercorn cream cheese and extra coarse ground black pepper for some good measure. Serve with pasta for pure dairy-on-carbs joy, or with some bread to mop up that delicious sauce. Creamy and satisfying, delicious when served with a big side salad.
Try These Next
- Chicken with browned butter baked asparagus
- Shaved asparagus avocado toast with poached eggs and dukkah
- Tagliata with asparagus and parmesan vinaigrette
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 200 g/7 oz white asparagus
- 1 package (150 g/5.5 oz) black peppercorn cream cheese (I used Boursin)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml/1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup/50 ml milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped sage leaves, optional
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground ground black pepper, more for serving
- chopped chives, for serving
- 250 g (9 oz) short cut pasta or bread, for serving
- If serving with pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Season the chicken fillets with salt, pepper and smoked paprika on both sides. Heat the olive oil n a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fillets and cook for 8 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more or until both sides are lightly browned.
- In the meantime peel the asparagus and cut into 4 cm/1.5 inch pieces.
- Add the asparagus and garlic to the chicken, cook for 5 minutes. Pour the broth and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, lemon juice and chopped sage leaves. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Slice the chicken into strips and add back to the sauce.
- Toss with cooked pasta, serve with some extra black pepper and chopped chives. Enjoy!
Calories Per Serving: 309 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.