A quick salmon crudo with soy-sesame dressing. Tender fresh slices of salmon bathing in a slightly spicy dressing with citrus notes, a touch of garlic and some fresh ginger make this dish hit all the right notes. A perfect balance of bright, punchy, and downright delicious flavors.
Just add some shallots and you’ll have a perfect appetizer with a luxurious texture and fragrance. This one will wow your dinner guests. What’s even better? It takes only 10 minutes to throw together. Oh, and did I mention there is no cooking involved!?
Crudo refers to a dish of raw fish, simply dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. This recipe adds a few key ingredients but is totally dependent on the freshness of the fish.
Here, we use sushi-grade salmon and finish it off with flake salt, black pepper and fresh cilantro. Simplicity at its best.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- I recommend purchasing high quality sushi-grade salmon for this recipe. You can buy it at many super markets. If you can’t find it, use frozen wild salmon and slice it into 1/8 inch/4 mm-thick slices
- it’s a great appetizer served individually, or in platters
- you can also serve it as a light lunch with a crisp cucumber salad or as a quick snack for a lazy-don’t-feel-like-cooking-evening
- feel free to play with flavors, add capers, chili flakes, more ginger… you’re the chef, and there’re so many possibilities
- make it as spicy as you can handle
More delicious appetizers, please!
- Pan-Fried Halloumi with Peppered Honey
- Whipped feta dip with spicy honey
- Miso Soy Salmon Sashimi Bowl
Calories Per Serving: 421 kcal *kcal per serving – Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
soy sesame dressing
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 17g
Calories Per Serving: 421 kcal
*kcal per serving – Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.