Peach almond cake. A delicious cake studded with juicy peaches.
Fresh peaches and almonds together in a delicate cake whose sweetness is subtle enough to lose yourself in every single bite. 50 minutes in the oven gives them time to soften and gently sink into the surrounding cake batter.
It’s slightly nutty, because for the best result, we blend the shaved almonds to leave some little crunchy chunks. And thanks to the addition of ground almonds, the cake stays fresh for a couple of days, is soft and moist.
While the cake batter can be made with almost any stone fruit, there’s something particularly satisfying about this cake when it’s paired with peaches. Preparing a cake with peaches is a delight itself.
It’s a simple cake and super easy to make (but those are the best!). You don’t need fancy ingredients, just one bowl and fresh peaches. Perfect summer bake.
If you haven’t made a peach cake yet, you should give this one a try!
More cake, please!
- all ingredients must be at room temperature
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 230 g/8.1 oz flour
- 100 g/3.5 oz shaved almonds
- 180 g/6.3 oz unsalted butter
- 220 g/7.8 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- Prepare a 24 cm round cake pan, grease in with butter and layer with baking paper.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the shaved almonds for a few seconds until you get flour-like clumps.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and zest together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.Add ground almonds, flour, baking powder, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Top with peaches. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Calories Per Serving: 502 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.