This one-pan creamy salmon is as simple as it is satisfying. An ultra creamy mascarpone sauce made with copious amounts of garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted bell peppers, coupled with pan-seared salmon and jazzed up with parmesan, lemon and basil. It’s tasty, especially with a sprinkle of almonds and chives on top. Super easy, yet seriously delicious. Best served with some type of crusty bread, because that sauce is to die for.
The sauce is full of wonderful flavors and the salmon is perfectly tender and flaky. The whole dish is anything but boring thanks to the mix of textures you’ll get in every bite. It’s perfect as an easy weeknight meal, but special enough for a dinner date.
The best part is that the whole dish comes together in about 20 minutes from start to finish and only one pan is needed. First we sear the salmon until crisp, make the sauce, then nestle the fillets back into the skillet and simmer briefly just until the flavors melt together. The result is mouthwatering. Let me walk you through making this creamy garlic mascarpone salmon, step by step in this video.
– you can also use white fish for this recipe. Just adjust the frying time, depending on the thickness of the fish. Some other fish you can substitute with are pollack, hake, halibut or cod
– you can add broccoli or spinach
– serve with any of your favorite veggies or a simple side salad
– over pasta, zoodles, rice, orzo or with some crusty bread
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 110 g (4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
- 1 small jar (280 g/ 10 oz) roasted bell peppers, excess oil drained
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g (3.7 oz) mascarpone
- 40 g (1.4 oz) grated parmesan
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) cream 20%, or whole milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- salt + black pepper
- 20 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, for serving
- 4 tbsp chopped almonds, for serving
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, for serving
Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and season all over with salt, pepper and sweet paprika. Heat 3 tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add to the salmon filets and sear, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same skillet, add shallot, cook over low heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Add garlic, cook until fragrant, for 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes and roasted bell peppers, cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the cream. Once the sauce starts to boil, add mascarpone and stir until dissolved. Add parmesan and stir. Nestle salmon in the sauce. Sprinkle with lemon juice and simmer for 3 more minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the basil leaves and serve.
Top with chopped chives, almonds and chili flakes. Delicious!
Let me walk you through making this creamy garlic mascarpone salmon, step by step in this video.
And …IF YOU LOVE THESE RECIPES … please consider supporting my work for just the cost of a cup of coffee.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment don’t forget to tag me in your picture on Instagram with @anna_s_table or mention with #servingdumplings. I’d love to see what you’re making. Happy cooking!