This shrimp and Spanish chorizo is a fuss-free recipe using a single pan. It’s hearty, filled with amazing flavors, packed with seared shrimp and spicy chorizo sausage. It comes with red bell pepper, a rich tomato sauce and fresh sweet corn. Plus, there’s plenty of garlic. The perfect marriage of simple and deeply flavorful ingredients. Serve with bread or rice and a generous dousing of Tabasco for a real treat.
It’s easy, quick and extremely delicious. Chorizo and shrimp join forces with fresh corn, a simple tomato sauce and lots of garlic. You can serve it to company alongside a big chunk of crusty bread to scoop up the thick sauce. It makes for a speedy, low-stress meal that still feels special and indulgent. Or, a really nice weeknight dinner when combined with rice, that comes together quickly.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- the sky is the limit! This dish stands alone, or goes with almost anything
- you can serve it as an appetizer or a main meal
- serve with bread, rice, warm pita, orzo or polenta
- add a big green salad
- if you aren’t able to find Spanish chorizo, andouille sausage, kielbasa or chicken sausage make a great substitute
- great as a weeknight dinner, but it’s specials enough to serve at a dinner party
More delicious recipes, please!
- Cheese Polenta with Chorizo and Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Sautéed Shrimp
- Creamy Chicken with Corn and Chorizo
- 300 g/10.6 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 100 g/3.5 oz spicy Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 100 g/3.5 oz tomato paste
- 600 ml/2.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp each: black pepper, salt, oregano, smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, for serving
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Place the shrimp in a single layer, season with sweet paprika, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Sear for 1 minute. Flip and sear the other side, 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add chorizo to the skillet, cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic, sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Next, add bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes, until it starts to soften. Stir in tomato paste and add bay leaf. Season with oregano, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and the remaining salt and black pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Place corn in the skillet and let everything simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, add shrimp back to the skillet and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to your own taste. Finish off with chopped chives.
- Serve with rice or bread. Enjoy!
Calories Per Serving: 329 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.