Honey butter garlic chicken. This recipe is a winner! Made with plenty of garlic, the right amount of honey and just buttery enough. It’s a quick and easy meal perfect for busy weeknights, taking only 15 minutes from the pan to the table. Picture thinly sliced chicken, coated in flour, quickly seared and finished with a mouthwatering sweet-and-sour garlic butter sauce. Trust me, this chicken dish is absolutely fantastic.
Why You’ll Love this Honey Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be surprised at how easily you can make a delicious sauce and turn a humble chicken breast into a tasty meal. This recipe uses basic pantry items, making it perfect for busy weekdays. It’s a quick and flavorful dinner idea that packs a punch!
A weeknight dinner that will please your entire family. Serve with an Asian cucumber salad and a bowl of rice. It’s also versatile enough to serve with pasta or fried noodles.
How to Make this Honey Garlic Butter Chicken Dinner
To start, we cut the chicken breasts into thin slices horizontally. This helps them cook evenly, ensuring a crispy, golden-brown outside and fully cooked chicken inside. Next, we season the chicken slices, coat them with flour, and fry them until they develop a delicious crust.
The sauce really makes this dish shine. After frying the chicken in the skillet, we use the leftover buttery bits and sauté some garlic. Then, we add chicken broth, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice. We let it simmer for a few minutes until it reduces and becomes bubbly and thick like syrup. Finally, we stir in more butter, et voila! A delicious honey garlic sauce is ready in a flash. It’s more than just a sweet coating for the chicken – it’s a magical. The tangy lemon juice and salty soy sauce balance out the rich sweetness of the honey, creating a truly amazing flavor!
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
Cooking Video: How to Make Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
- 600 g/1.5 lb chicken fillets
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 ml/1 cup chicken broth
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken fillets horizontally into thin slices. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-low until the butter has melted. Cook the chicken in batches, add 1/2 of the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and finish cooking the 2nd batch of the chicken. Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, then add garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and lemon juice. Add chicken broth and the remaining butter. Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Add chopped parsley.
- Return chicken to skillet, turn to coat both sides of chicken with sauce. Simmer for 1 minute or until chicken is heated through.
- Serve immediately with rice or fried noodles, alongside your favorite salad. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 949mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 54g
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.