Greek chicken bowl with ranch tzatziki. Imagine juicy oregano chicken with tender bell pepper served bowl-style with rice for a delicious next-level weeknight dinner. Finished with crumbled feta and an ultra creamy tzatziki ranch dressing. It’s simple, mouthwatering and ready in 25 minutes. Serve with warm pita bread and a crunchy salad.
Why you’ll love this Greek chicken bowl
An out-of-this-world delicious bowl that will make you look forward to eat it on repeat. Delicious Greek flavors, we all love, paired with a really good sauce. We start with lemony, herby Greek-style chicken and a scoop of rice finished off with a generous drizzle of tangy ranch tzatziki. No Greek-style bowl is complete without feta, so we top the chicken with crumbles of this salty cheese. The feta begins to soften and warm when stirred into the just-cooked chicken.
The ranch tzatziki blends two great tastes into one flavorful dressing. It’s garlic-kissed, tangy, and flecked with dill and chives. This creamy dressing comes together in a blitz and really brings this hearty Greek chicken bowl together.
Serve with warm pita bread and a vibrant, crunchy salad made with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and sharp red onion for a satisfying bowl.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- everything in these bowls (the chicken, the rice, the vegetables and the sauce) can be cooked in advance during your meal prep. Assemble and store the bowls in lidded containers, but keep the dressing stored separately
- add zucchini, eggplant or sweet potato, and cook it together with the bell pepper
- make a crunchy greek-style cucumber salad. Combine cucumber with cherry tomatoes, red onion, olive oil and lemon juice. Add dill and oregano, season with salt and black pepper
- top with black olives or crispy chickpeas
- make more ranch tzatziki dressing, and use it to drizzle over a salad or serve with some grilled steak. It can be stored for up to 4 days
- instead of rice, use pearl couscous, quinoa or orzo
Try These Next
Cooking Video: How to make Greek chicken bowl
Greek Chicken Bowl with Ranch Tzatziki
Chicken + Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken cut into bit size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp each: smoked paprika dried oregano, salt, black pepper, onion powder
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 5 ounces crumbled feta
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving
- 5 ounces rice
- ¼ English cucumber seeds removed and grated
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp each: dried dill dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Make the ranch tzatziki by combining the ingredients together in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Before you start cooking: mince the garlic. Remove veins and seeds from the bell pepper, cut into slices. Cook the rice according the package directions.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium high. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken starts to brown. Stir in spices and add garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet onto a clean plate.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining oil and bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the edges start to char. Deglaze with white wine, simmer for 2 minutes, while stirring and scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Return chicken to the skillet, add lemon juice and allow to simmer for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through. Finish off with crumbled feta and red pepper flakes.
- To assemble, divide the rice between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with chicken and bell pepper. Divide the cucumber/tomato salad. Drizzle with the ranch tzatziki and serve with warm pita. Enjoy!