Brown butter garlic shrimp spaghetti, incredibly easy and ready in 20 minutes. A laid back, flavor-packed weeknight dinner, luxurious in each bite. Everyone will enjoy this dish. This pasta is buttery and garlicky with a touch of honey and lemon, tossed with chili flakes and fresh parsley.
Serve with pasta, or over rice, with toasted bread or (and this is one of my favorites) over homemade fries and a big side salad. Mmmm, with all that butter, so delicious. If you cook anything in brown butter and garlic, it’s a guaranteed hit.
This shrimp recipe is too easy and too delicious not to make. The brown butter takes only a few extra minutes to bring out the rich and nutty flavor. Honey, lemon and garlic are so simple but add incredible flavor.
Love shrimp? Here are some favorites!
- 20 minute cashew shrimp with sticky garlic soy sauce
- Pearl couscous with shrimps and fresh peas
- Fried zucchini rolls with shrimps
- 400 g/14 oz spaghetti
- 600 g/1.5 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 big garlic cloves, minced
- 60 g/4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- sea salt + black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in generously salted water, according to package directions.
- Pat the shrimp dry. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add half of the butter. Cook until butter starts to foam, and turns brown. About 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat to high and add shrimp. Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Cook until golden brown about 3 minutes on each side. Add the rest of the butter, olive oil and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Now stir in the lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Garnish with parsley and add spaghetti. Toss to combine. Taste and add more salt, pepper and chili flakes if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Calories Per Serving: 507 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.