A Chinese-inspired dish with tender beans and minced pork in an aromatic sauce showcasing a wide spectrum of salty & sweet flavors. Serve with a fried egg, a touch of scallions and some toasted peanuts for extra texture. This flavor explosion will wow your taste buds!
The stars in this dish are the green beans with their tender addictive bite. The ground pork browns beautifully in a hot pan and has a perfect fat to lean ratio that makes the noodles extra tasty in combination with the sauce. I guarantee these noodles will leave you craving for more!
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by step-VIDEO.
– if you’re looking for another crunchy vegetable option besides beans, just swap for chopped bok choy, snap peas or cabbage
– swap pork for beef, ground chicken or tempeh
– or serve over steamed rice
- 150 g (5.3 oz) udon or rice noodles
- 200 g (7 oz) ground pork
- 200 g (7 oz) green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, sliced, more for serving
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 2 eggs
- sesame seeds, for serving
- cilantro, for serving (optional)
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) low sodium soy sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mirin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp each: black pepper, red chili flakes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
Bring a large pot of water (without salt) to a boil, add green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water. Set aside.
In the same pot, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water.
In the meantime, heat oil in a large pan over low heat. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add ground pork, break up the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, and cook over medium high heat until browned, 5 minutes. Add scallions, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in green beans and pour the sauce, cook for 5 minutes.
In the meantime, melt a little butter over low heat in a non-stick skillet and fry the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Add noodles to the pork and beans, toss until combined. Simmer for 1 minute. Sprinkle with toasted peanuts and serve.
Divide noodles among bowls, top with a fried egg, scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!