This is not just a common cheesecake, okay, it’s easy to make, but it’s the kind of cheesecake you want to eat again and again. And it’s the least stressful cheesecake you’ll ever bake and the recipe is fail-proof.
The filling is surrounded with shortcrust pastry that gives this cheesecake a nice crunchy note, like a galette, rustic and therefore perfectly imperfect. But you will forget about the imperfection from the moment you taste that creamy yet light cheese filling, lemon kissed and loaded with blueberries.
A cheesecake that you absolutely need to eat at room temperature so it can melt in your mouth. That kind of cheesecake we all need in our life.
- one important extra tip: Your cream cheese, yogurt and eggs need to be at room temperature or your batter will be lumpy.
- You can use store-bought shortcut pastry or use my homemade recipe. It’s easy to make and will give this cheesecake some extra delicious buttery flavor.
- This cheesecake can be made one day ahead.
TRY THESE NEXT
- all ingredients should be at room temperature
- 17 ounces/470 g cream cheese
- 6 ounces/160 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 ounces/100 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10.5 ounces/300 g blueberries
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, homemade or store-bought
- 1 egg + 1 tsp milk
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.Line a 9-inch/22-cm springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with yogurt, sugar and eggs until fluffy. Beat in the corn starch, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest.
- Carefully drape the shortcrust pastry in the prepared pan. Press the dough into the corners of the pan using your fingers, don’t trim off the edges. Prick the bottom with a fork, pour in cheese filling and add blueberries. You don’t need to push them into the batter, they will sink while the cake is baking. Gently, loosely lay the pastry down over the filling, repeat all around.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a small dish and gently dab over the pastry crust with a brush. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 65 minutes until golden brown. Then turn off the oven, open the door open and leave the cake inside the oven to cool. Once completely cooled, transfer to a serving plate.
- This cheesecake is actually better the second day, so you can make it a day ahead and leave it to cool overnight.
Calories Per Serving: 419 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.