These chicken fillets in a creamy tomato sauce look fancy but are super easy to make. This dish is as simple as it is satisfying and delicious. The sauce is ultra creamy and loaded with tomatoes, jazzed up with feta and crispy pancetta.
Serve over orzo or with some crusty bread and a side salad. Extra bonus? It’s ready in about 30 minutes and made in only one skillet.
This one-skillet meal has it all, tons of flavor and a divine sauce. The sun-dried tomatoes do double duty for this recipe since we also use their flavorful oil to sear the chicken and sauté the garlic with the cherry tomatoes.
We finish the whole dish off with crumbled feta to cut the creaminess and give it a complex flavor. A handful of crispy pancetta definitely seals the deal.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- you can use boneless/skinless chicken thighs instead of breast fillets
- serve with pasta, orzo, rice or some crusty bread and a simple side salad
- add mushrooms, spinach, peas or string beans
- if you’re not a feta fan, use halloumi or mozzarella for a milder taste
More chicken, please!
- Creamy Black Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
- One Skillet Parmesan Chicken and Orzo
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Meatballs
Creamy Tomato Chicken with Feta
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 100 g/3.5 oz pancetta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 120 g/4.5 oz semi sun-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
- 200 g/7 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 50 ml/¼ cup white wine
- 1/2 cup/125 ml cooking cream
- 100 g/3.5 oz tomato paste
- 2/3 cup/150 ml chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- salt + black pepper
- 100 g/3.5 oz crumbled feta
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- red pepper flakes, for serving
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove, leaving the oil in the pan and set aside.
- Season the chicken fillets all over with sweet paprika powder, salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook over medium heat, for 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked and browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Cover with foil.
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic, cook until softened over low heat, about 2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes. Pour white wine, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, season with salt, pepper and oregano. Pour chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and cream. Stir to combine. Add chicken back into the skillet. Crumble the feta among the chicken. Allow to cook for 5 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve topped with parsley and crispy pancetta. Sprinkle with some red pepper flakes and enjoy!
Calories Per Serving: 505 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This looks tasty. Can’t wait to try it out.
Fantastic! Hope you love it!
There is a mistake in this recipe. 50 ml (for the white wine) is 1/4 cup not 3/4 cup.
Hi, so sorry for the confusion, the recipe is fixed. Happy cooking!