Balsamic wild mushroom pasta. Tagliatelle with balsamic wild mushrooms in a garlic butter sauce. This one is simple but seriously delicious, feels a little luxurious and is ready in about 15 minutes!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Weeknight Dinner
The mushrooms are dry-sautéed in a skillet, this way they get perfectly browned and ultra flavorful. Then swirled with butter and garlic, made funky with chili flakes and herbs. Just serve with creamy burrata and toasted pine nuts. So addictively tasty.
Every ingredient is special, and because there are so few of them, they all play an important role. The dish is chock-full of tasty mushrooms. A mix of wild mushrooms can enrich this easy dish, but simple brown mushrooms work well too.
The garlic and tangy balsamic vinegar elevate the flavors without any extra effort. And the burrata adds a touch of creaminess. It’s the kind of dish that’ll make you feel like a clever cook.
Let me guide you through the recipe with this step-by-step VIDEO.
- You can opt for a mix of different types of mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, oyster, chanterelle…
- Use any of your favorite pasta shapes. Try linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine instead of tagliatelle.
- Use mozzarella or cream cheese instead of burrata.
- For best result, bring your burrata to room temperature.
- Add bacon or pancetta.
- Serve with a big side salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Storing: Pop any leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you can’t get enough of mushrooms:
- Red Pesto Pasta with Mushrooms and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Creamy Parmesan polenta with beer sautéed mushrooms
- Asian mushroom noodle soup
Cooking Video: How to make wild mushroom pasta
Balsamic Wild Mushroom Pasta
- 250 g/9 oz tagliatelle
- 300 g/11 oz wild mushrooms roughly torn
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp each: dried thyme sage, smoked paprika, chili flakes
- salt and black pepper
- burrata for serving
- toasted pine nuts for serving
- fresh thyme for serving
- Cook tagliatelle in generously salted water until al dente. When ready, drain.
- In the meantime, heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms. Fry for 6-8 minutes. The mushrooms will start to release moisture, after this, add olive oil and spices. The mushrooms will start to brown, now add the balsamic vinegar and butter. Cook until the butter is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and shallot, sauté until fragrant, for 2 minutes.
- Toss with tagliatelle and serve with burrata, pine nuts and fresh thyme. Enjoy!